CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sep 8, 2010

Fall Nesting With The Memories of Paris










Every September I take a trip to Paris for the experience of Paris in the Fall. I stroll the streets, I eat my favorite Laduree Macarons and I attend Mason & Object Paris. The temperatures are cool and the air is crisp. Over the years, I have down sized my spending. Well okay, when the dollar became weaker then the euro and I returned home to the USA with a Chanel Camel Cashmere Cape, only to find the same one at the Chanel in Chicago. So yes, I have learned to change my French spending spree ways. Now in the new economy, I go to take in the Paris Fall merchandising, the fashion, the people, to eat the food, sit at Bistros, and to travel home with my new found influences of nesting the french way.

I love Mason & Object Paris because it is a 360° vision of furniture, decoration, and every single aspect of the world of interior design. So how do I transform this adventure, this trip to the city of lights, and bring it home to the beach? While antique shopping at the Paris Flea market, I may select one fine French antique treasure that I bring home for a clients or my own beach house decor. Several years ago I selected a French door, which everyday my client opens like a fine gift from Paris. My own french beach house treasure, is a lovely sink with the flowers from Paris. Every evening and every morning, one awakes to the pleasures of water in the french flowered sink. You see I love fall nesting, with the memory and influences of Paris! Yes in Automne I begin to feel a bit Marie-Antoinettish.


Photo Credit: Paris Breakfast


This Beach House Decor Post was Inspired by The 3rd Fall Nesting Party

8 comments:

Suzanne Cummings said...

Beautiful images. Love the flower shop and the French flowers sink of course. I also love Paris in the fall. Thanks for sharing, Suzanne

Arabella said...

I'm so envious, Barbara! Paris in Fall looks divine...

Happy Fall to you :O)

Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
http://nauticalcottageblog.com

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You lucky lucky girl!!

Cooking with Caitlin said...

I've never been to Paris but you sure make me want to go !

Thank you,
Beth

http://www.cookingwithcaitlin.com

Regina at Fauxology said...

Oh, those doors stopped my heart! Gorgeous post, you make it all so beautifully decadent. I'll have to plan a trip to Paris in the fall. Merci!

Amy Chalmers said...

How nice of a tradition to head to Paris in the fall! I loved the images and you look so stylish outside the macaroon shop!

Seedplanter Designs said...

Barbara, I found your beautiful blog via Kathe, whose work is featured in your publication. So glad I did, too.

My husband and I spent our tenth anniversary (way back when) in Paris in early November. It was the most beautiful Fall ever. Your images have taken me for a wonderful trek up Memory Lane. (LOVE the sink!) Thank you.

Tammy@InStitches said...

I'm so jealous, would love to go to Mason & Object !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...